Monday, March 1, 2010

R-word

The Special Olympics is sponsoring a great campaign to get rid demeaning use of the r-word.  As a paraprofessional in the local school district, I was very excited to discover this campaign.  I am fortunate to work in an Early Childhood program, so I have the ability to impact the thinking of the regular education kids to have respect and understanding for our students with special needs. 

Check out the r-word campaign and pledge your support to eliminate the demeaning use of the r-word! I pledged in honor of my student, pledge your own support in honor of the special people in your life! Then spread the word!  Buy a t-shirt,  be a fan of the campaign on facebook, put it in your email signature, do whatever you can to help stop the demeaning use of the r-word.

No comments:

Post a Comment