Sunday, March 14, 2010

Shamrocks and Shamrock GIVE A WAY!!

I've been working on some projects for St Patricks Day this weekend, even though I am not Irish, I still love St Patty's day!.  I found some fabulous projects through several blogs I read, so I started trying them out. 

First up is this cute fabric covered headband and shamrock charm, curtesy of Make it Do.  Calli had two separate tutorials, one for the shamrock charm and one for the fabric covered headband.  I used both and thought they were great!  Thanks Calli!  I couldn't find two different green colors of felt locally and I wasn't going to drive to a Joann's just to try this one out, so I used some green fabric with a flower print that I had in my stash for the smaller shamrock, I used wonder-under to applique the smaller shamrock to the larger felt shamrock.  I sewed the button to the small shamrock before I ironed the applique to the large shamrock.  I love the way it turned out.  Just a little femine, but without being too over the top.  Can't wait to wear it to school on Wednesday!

Next is the cute lucky shamrock key charm, curtesy of Holiday Crafts and Creations.  I made several of these, I love the 4-leaves of this shamrock.  However the cute little sequins were not my favorite part, so I replaced the sequins with a green button, for a more understated and manly version of the shamrock, which my hubby now is carring on his keyring.  Now he says he has the luck of the Irish with him.  I asked if it was still the "luck of the Irish" if it was made by a swedish girl...he said yes.  Guess we're covered then :-)

I decided that I personally liked the shape of the shamrock from Calli's shamrock charm so I combined the two projects to make my own key chain.  I cut out two of Calli's rounder three leaf shamrocks from my Kelly Green felt and one of the smaller shamrocks from the same green flowered print.  I appliqued the smaller shamrock on one of the felt ones and then stitched the two together, stuffing the leaves as I went.  When I was finished I sewed a white button in the middle.  I love the way this one came out also!

I saw one more shamrock charm that I want to try.  This Shabby Shamrock from Ramblings from the Sunshine State is also on my short list.  I have my fabrics all picked out, I just haven't had a chance to try it yet.  I'll be sure to post pictures when I do!

I am proud to announce my very first GIVE A WAY!!  I've got one Lucky Shamrock key charm all set, just waiting to bring someone the "Luck of the Irish"!  Pictured below.

To Enter:
1) Leave me a comment on your favorite part of St Patrick's Day. 

For Additional Entries:
2) Become a follower of my blog - leave me a comment and let me know
3) Fan me on Facebook - leave me a comment so I know
4) Post about my give-a-way on your facebook, blog, twitter, etc. - Leave me a comment with a link

GIVE A WAY closes at MIDNIGHT on WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17th!


1 comment:

  1. I loved the second key chain with the white fabric. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete