Monday, February 22, 2010

Charity Projects

So I'm still working on the weighted vest for my Early Childhood program.  I got a little frustrated with it last night and had to switch projects.  I've been taking lots of pictures so that I can write a tutorial however!

A friend of mine clued me in to a little project the United Methodist Women are sponsoring.  They are collecting prayer shawls and baby blankets.  I've been wanting to knit a prayer shawl, but my current church doesn't have a prayer shawl ministry :-(  So here's my chance.  The turn around time on this one is quite quick, but we'll see what we can do.  I'm going on a retreat this weekend, so this is my chance to get some knitting done.  I love to sit in seminars and knit, keeps my hands busy, while my mind is working.  I chose this Lion Brand Jiffy in purple spray for my prayer shawl. 

My church is collecting Health Kits for Haiti through the United Methodist Committee on Relief.  We have collected 400 so far, we are aiming for 1000 by May! Check out the UMCOR website for more information about the relief work in Haiti or where you can donate health kits.

The Etsy Team Quiltsy is collecting pillowcases for Haiti as a part of the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge.  I contacted them and the turn around on this one is quick too, but the basic pillowcases only take about an hour.  Next week I'll have to get on the pillowcase sewing, they want them by March 6th! 

My husband and I are planing nanny this week, starting very early Wednesday morning through Friday mid morning, so I won't be doing any sewing, but I'll hopefully have some time for knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment