Monday, June 7, 2010

Father's Day Gifts

Father's Day is right around the corner...just a couple of weeks away!  I'm already starting to pick out gifts for my dad, cuz he is tough to shop for!  He's the kinda guy who when ever he see something that he likes, he just buys it - which makes gift giving occasions VERY difficult!  But I've got a few tricks up my sleeve this year.

My hubby is big into grilling and recently we purchase one of these grill trays:
He was telling my mom about it, who waited until Dad left the room and whispered, "Dad would like one of those for Father's Day." Ok Mom - DONE!

Then Hubby was telling Mom about some kabob baskets he saw and was thinking about getting.  Mom says, "Get your dad some of those too."  Got it Bossy!

And because I'm fond of a surprise or two, I've got a couple of DIY projects up my sleeve too...starting with...the..Pocket Protector!  My dad is a huge nerd and we love him for it, and as much as I hate to encourage it, the man needs a pocket protector.  So, I've ordered some fabric and vinyl and I'm going to make some :-)  It's kinda a joke and I don't really expect him to use them, but I did order some cool fabric :-)
Tools and Bicycles - perfect for my dad.  I also found some Iowa State fabric and some awesome recycle print fabric at Hancock Fabrics.  I can't wait to whip up the Pocket Protectors and some other cool stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment