Saturday, July 18, 2009

*yells loudly* aaaaaahhhhhrrrrggggg!

The job market sucks. I cannot afford my crafting habits without a job and I'm on the verge of losing a third job in a year. First, the camp I had been with for 5 year eliminated my position, then the church I was with closed and now the specialty store I've been working at is looking like it's going to close too. I'm very frustrated to be in this position yet again. I simply cannot afford not to work. I do still have one part time job, but it doesn't pay enough on it's own. I am contemplating opening at etsy store, but I know that it will be awhile before I actually make any money doing that. I've got a decent stash of fabric to work through, but it's hard to resist when you find cute stuff :-) Krista and I went to the thrift store yesterday and we found a bunch of cute stuff. Krista is working on making a bag out of men's ties, so we were looking for semi-matching ones of the same size. I picked one tie, which I'm going to make myself a bracelet out of and possibly a collar for my dog - no, not because I want us to match, but because I didn't want to buy two ties! We were being thrifty! My family think I'm crazy for only getting one tie, so my husband offered me some of his so that Sierra and I didn't have to match. I didn't take pictures of any of our fabulous thrift finds, but here's one of my dog instead :-)

PS she's looking cuter now that she's had a haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment