Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Sad Sewing Machine Story...and some new craft pursuits


My (ok, mom's) sewing machine is not playing nicely...I think it needs a trip to the sewing machine hospital, boo :-( I'm very sad. I've got a huge list of projects that I'm working on and I'm just not sure what to do with my time if I'm not sewing! This is a great machine - nearly as old as I am, but well made and very sturdy, just needs some tuning up. (PS this is not actually my machine...I found this pic thanks to Google images)

I've found a couple of knitting projects that I want to try...this adorable knitted frog. I also am working on a purse for my cousin...I blogged about this purse project nearly a year ago *blushes* and I haven't finished either of them yet, so I'll be working on O's bag too.

Inspired by this post from Craft Nectar, I've been thinking about trying to tackle embroidery next...This morning I was at Ben Franklin, a funky craft/school/office supplies, nick-nacks, etc kinda store admiring the embroidery patterns...but I couldn't pick one and the hubs was getting impaitent waiting for me. I was thinking embroidery is a project I could work on in the car, one that could be put down and picked up any time, that I could do while still carrying on a conversation (which is not alway true of knitting). But now I think I need one of these...courtesy of Craftzine.

No comments:

Post a Comment