Ok, really just one project, but I'm nearly done with a second AND I think I might have solved some of my sewing machine problems! yay! I finished the dolls I was embroidering, they turned out great and I'm super excited to use them in my etsy logo.
I'm working on embroidering a pair of pillowcases, they are adorable and I might just have to keep them for myself :-) I'm nearly finished the first one, and then I'll get started on the second one. Embroidery is a great travel project for me, I can work on it in the car, it doesn't take up too much space to carry around with me, I'm loving it!
I took the throat plate off my sewing machine last night and cleaned the feed dogs and everything else under the throat plate, which has mostly helped my issues with stitch length, I'm still have some trouble with upper thread breakage, I'm going to try some different needles today, I also changed the presser foot to a universal foot, since my zigzag foot has a little chip that may be causing the breakage. I am also considering replacing the throat plate because of a chip, which could also be causing the breakage. So, my sewing is not moving along the way I'd like it to be, but we have made some progress. I'm working on a couple of tote bags made from pillow cases and I finally got a pair of handles put together. The bag itself is still causing some problems, so we'll work on that again tonight and see what we can get done. I've got a ton of laundry to do from my thrift store purchases, so I'm going to try to get most of that done tonight too. I'm excited to get some stuff listed on etsy, so I need to keep working on getting everything done.